Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Foundations For Pale Skin: Pale Test #7 MUA Undress Your Skin Review!

Tuesday 5 August 2014










I get asked on an almost daily basis which foundations and concealers are the best for pale skin tones, and this series is going to explore all different types of  products from varying brands and at all price levels which will hopefully help you to make a decision on which foundation and concealer is right for you! 

In universal skin tone terms.. I'm an NC15 in Mac. However, Mac isn't really doing it for me at the moment, so i'm on the hunt for a replacement that will be the perfect foundation for My Pale Skin. 

Product: MUA Undress Your Skin

Price: £5.00

Packaging:  The MUA Undress Your Skin Foundation comes in a plastic tube with a screw on lid. It's unoffensive, but certainly not the prettiest. The problem with this packaging is that it has no structure. What I mean by that is that the tube is fairly flexible, but the contents are surprisingly runny! Be prepared for volcanic eruption of foundation upon opening and for the love of make up, do not squeeze the tube hard when the lid is off.

Coverage: The product gives a medium - full coverage.

Colour:  MUA Undress Your Skin comes in 3 colours. I chose the lightest shade - Porcelain. I find the colour to be a slightly odd one. It has a sort of Salmon undertone to it which oxidizes and becomes ashy in places. It certainly was not a good look when I tried it.

Finish:  I expected this product to give a illuminating glow, with a smooth even coverage. What I actually got was a salmon ash cake face. It is not the easiest product to apply, i'm not a fan of the formula and I couldn't get it to work.

Final Verdict:  If your skin tone is similar to mine, save your £5 and buy a slice of cake instead. The MUA Undress Your Skin foundation has FAILED the pale test. I like MUA, and I think they have some amazing products, but this to me was a let down. I don't know what I expected, but I certainly expected one aspect of the product worked, but I wasn't a fan of any of it. I don't like posting overly negative reviews... but yeah, I couldn't see any redeeming qualities which is such a shame.

As Always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this foundation or what you'd like me to try next, let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of MAC liquid foundation, but I'm in love with their Mineralized loose foundation in extra light. Great, buildable coverage for a nice smooth finish.

    Yousaucyminx.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently use the MUA BB Cream all in one in Light. It's pretty good! Though I wouldn't mind trying a different one. Looks like I won't try this one though, but I think going to different brands is a good idea :)
    I'm tempted to try L'Oreal True Match Minerals in Golden Ivory, maybe you could try it and give it a review?

    http://shaloulanlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post had me giggling. I liked the look of this from your photos - but shall save myself the money for cake instead because that ashy-salmon colour doesn't sound like a healthy skin tone! Xx

    Kitty | kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried this and thought it was awful too! I was hoping you were going to say how good it was so I could try it again but I think I'll pass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely try this foundation for my skin as my skin tone is different so always have trouble in makeup. The shades you share is looking nice let me buy this product then i will post a review. http://dapperanddivinestudio.com/5-professional-hair-dye-tips/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its really good for skin . I applaud this post and thanks you . Image Retouching | Image Masking Service | Image Cropping

    ReplyDelete