Slider

HELLO AGAIN

The London Blogger Dinner - Hosted by My Pale Skin! #LDNbloggerDinner

Wednesday 2 July 2014

#LDNbloggerDinner London Blogger Dinner My Pale Skin

#LDNbloggerDinner London Blogger Dinner My Pale Skin


If you follow me on twitter, i'm sure you'll often hear about how I find it hard to meet new people and make new friends. Especially when I can be too nervous to speak to or approach new people at events. I've taken a huge leap out of my comfort zone and decided to create a monthly social, and an event which is what I like to call - 'twitter chats in real life'.

I'm not afraid to admit, that as a 20 something girl, I can often find myself scrolling through my phone book and not having many friends to call upon for days out, shopping trips or dinner. I have numerous interests and hobbies, and really wanted to spend some quality time with  like minded ladies, but I found that most blogging events I'd attended were 95% all about the brand, and left little time for social interaction with other bloggers, or really difficult to interact in a non 'I have no idea how to friend' kind of way. 

I actively take part in twitter chats and discussions, and actually really look forward to a lot of them each week, I wanted to emulate those chats, but offline. So by cutting out the PR companies, brand spiel and loud music, and bringing a group of bloggers together around a table with some good food and interesting topics seemed the best way to go about that.

I booked a table for 16 people, around 2-3 weeks ago, and hoped people would turn up. Well, almost prayed they would turn up. I had no idea if anyone actually would and I was so so relieved when I got to Pizza Express last night and people were there!! I wasn't that girl sat at a massive table all by myself waiting for people who were never going to show! 9 of us in total made it to the very first Blogger Dinner, and In all honesty, it was one of the best nights out i'd had in a very long time.  

The food was great, as usual for Pizza Express! I had a Gluten Free Caprina Rossa Hack. - Minus the onions, garlic and pesto and add red peppers and Balsamic Syrup on the side, (to drizzle over the pizza.) I also had dessert... but let's just forget that glorious sundae ever happened.

#LDNbloggerDinner London Blogger Dinner My Pale Skin

What I loved about the event the most, was the fact that everyone had a chance to ask each other questions in an environment where nobody was judgmental. It was probably some of the most honest and warm conversations I'd ever had with other bloggers, on everything from blog names to page views, twitter to product samples. We had the chance to ask each other and hear honest thoughts on so many different topics and I loved the fact that nobody had a front up. It was just an evening of new friendships, good food and good chat. A perfect mid week meal and I even got to wear my flower crown out of the house in a shameless taxi selfie! Hurrah.



I'd like to say a massive Thank You to the following ladies for coming: MonicaAprilKittyAnouskaLauraSamElena & Sarah and another Thank You for not being a Catfish.

Please do check out their blogs, as they're such beautiful ladies, inside and out and deserve much love and support. 

To Sign up to be on the mailing list for the next dinner, Click here to add your details. I'm so looking forward to making this a monthly event, so stay tuned for the round up of the next one!  xxx

15 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing, glad you all had such a nice time ladies x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh love it! Im sooo shiny hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't know how to friend and I pretty much have none. I wouldn't have anyone to go shopping with, if I wanted to - not that I do because I hate shopping, but I basically only have one person to realistically go have a cup of coffee with - besides my husband. 99% of the time I'm fine with being a loner, but sometimes (that 1%) I wish I could just go hang out with someone who I'm not married to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could have come!! Looks like you had an amazing time and I'm so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gutted I couldn't come! I will be at the next one with baked goodies!

    starlasays.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so lovely Em, such a nice idea! I've signed up so hopefully should get to meet you soon! X

    www.lovefromanastasia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a fun night! I've signed up for the next one :)
    www.jessiedolly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like such a great idea! All signed up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Em! I'm so glad that people turned up! I have been keeping up with your tweets and do know how shy you are (especially on Youtube!) so I'm proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone and organizing this.

    It looks like a fun time an hopefully you can do one of these again in the future!

    xx

    Shree | PorcelainShree ✝ Beauty & Lifestyle Blog ✝ |

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, gutted I missed this one. I'd love to come to next month's dinner. What're the details?!

    www.sophschoices.co.uk

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I have no idea how to friend" Oh God, are you me? I wish I lived in London so I could've been there, but in the mean time I'm here in Germany trying to find like minded people or bloggers to become friends with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would've loved to attend! Were I even remotely close to London, I would've so been there! Maybe one day~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog, count me in for the next one 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete