Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Lifestyle #1 - The Perfect Weekend Date - PYO at Parkside Farm, London.

Sunday 13 July 2014

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London


Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, Beetroot My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, Beetroot My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Farm, Pick your own, Swiss chard, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Farm, Pick your own, Swiss Chard, My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

Last Saturday was my first day off from work in 2 weeks. Things have been a little hectic as of late with both mine and my BF's jobs so we decided to take a day away from the small 1 mile radius we rarely leave and we made our way to Parkside Farm in Enfield, North London for a day of quality time and some 'country air'. (As country as you'll get within a 20minute train ride). 

One of the amazing things about living in central London is how easy it is to just walk to Covent Garden, Oxford Street or get to where you need to be quickly, but sometimes you forget that there's more out there than tall buildings, red buses and tourists.

As a vegetarian, I love fresh produce, I always feel so much healthier when I eat a meal that is unprocessed and made of quality produce so the thought of picking my own was something I was really excited for.

Aside from not dressing for the occasion... who knew that suede shoes weren't ideal to walk around a farm all day? And not bringing an umbrella to save ourselves from the rain...  we had an amazing date day out and learnt some new things. I had no idea that flowers grew on the end of courgettes or even how french beans grew! 

We managed to pick 5 punnets of the best Strawberries I've ever tasted, a punnet of Raspberries, 3 Courgettes, 5 Beetroot, A bag full of French Beans, Broad Beans and some Swiss Chard. 

Later that evening, when we'd recovered from our strawberry excess we combined all of the fresh vegetables with some Baked Tofu, and a homemade honey and soy dressing for a wonderfully fresh warm salad.

Farm, Pick your own, Strawberries, Beetroot My Pale Skin Blog, Parkside Farm, London

If you're looking for a great day out, I highly recommend a visit to a 'Pick Your Own' Farm. I loved my first experience and I can't wait to go back in August to get some more seasonal vegetables... Just make sure you wear some wellies and check the weather... apparently they don't build rain shelters in fields!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the perfect 'country' day out, and my first lifestyle post! Let me know in the comments!
Em xxx

7 comments:

  1. Awww I would love to do this, I used to adore going strawberry picking when I was a kid. There is something extra special about being able to pick your own food. I have always wanted to know how to forage in the woods as well but knowing my luck I would eat a poisonous mushroom!

    My Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! This isn't far from me so I'm definitely gunna be dragging my boyfriend along - thanks fr the idea! xxx

    http://blonde--vision.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The courgette flowers are edible too! I've never eaten them myself, but I've got some growing on my allotment so may well try them this year! Love how the strawberries are raised off the ground, saves lots of backache harvesting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so amazing, every time I go to see my grandparents, the train goes through a lot of farms and I'm always enchanted seeing all the animals and everything they have.

    xx, M | Brunette In Black

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to pick strawberries raspberry and gooseberry when I was younger at a farm near Durham and I loved it!! Used to do it every week in the summer and then make fruit pie or crumble :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks such a pretty day out! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day out :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete