Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Letting The Light Into Your Life - A Lifestyle Introduction.

Tuesday 8 July 2014



When I started this blog, I wanted it to be almost a journey of self discovery, or as I like to call it - "How to girl". I'm not a make up artist, nor do I claim to be. I'm just a girl who obsesses over things to the point of compulsion. Make up and beauty have always been a love of mine, and this blog is my little home on the internet to share that with you.

I recently wrote about how blogging helped me get my confidence back and off the back of that post, I've had so so many lovely emails, tweets and comments from readers telling me that my post has helped them and asking me to write more lifestyle posts, or posts where they can get to know me more.

Over the past 6 months since I started this blog I've changed for the better. I'm happier, i'm slightly more confident and I haven't had a day where I've felt like an empty shell who cries for no reason and can't bare the thought of facing the world. I feel like I've let the light into my life and I guess you can say I feel ready to open up more and break the barriers around me down - with baby steps of course.

I've always wanted to be able to write and add in a few lifestyle posts here and there, that are a bit more than product launches or parties. This is my way of kinda easing you guys into it. I don't want to put you guys off reading because I'm not talking about lipsticks or eye shadows... so i'm going to try and write one lifestyle post a week, and If I become organised, try and keep it to the same day... which I of course can't guarantee will happen...

So I guess this is just a heads up, expect to see anything from my idea of the perfect date day out to my thoughts and advice on building confidence (when I learn how) and making new friends. I'm going to be sharing more of my personal journey with you and I would love to hear your feedback on this. I'm still so new to blogging, and it's all a little bit scary, but I guess in order to make new friends and truly be happy, you need to let go of your fears and put yourself out there... If I can do it, you can do it.

Em xx

12 comments:

  1. Great Start Em. Looking forward to your weekly lifestyle posts

    Lots of love Leanne (@leanne_g5 on twitter)

    LEM-Beauty.blogspot.co.uk | lmbeautyproducts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really take back what I said the other day about blogs with mixed posts putting me off - I actually can't wait for more lifestyle posts from you! I think I've been in a similar dark place to you in the past and I've also certainly grown in confidence from my former self. I think it's something a lot of young women struggle with and we can probably all relate to it.

    Also, you look so beautiful in that photo, like unreal! Xx

    Kitty | kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read you lifestyle posts! I adore your blog and I love that blogging has helped you with confidence issues the same way it has helped me :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful. I lack confidence and would love to hear your experiences and tips. I too started blogging as a way of facing the world and trying to lift my mood and confidence and think it has helped a lot.

    http://thebravestindividual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post and love how blogging has made you more confident. Keep doing these lifestyle posts :) xx

    Who is She

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read some lifestyle posts from you! I think blogging has really helped my confidence/general happiness as well :)
    Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see more life style posts!
    Your blog is brilliant you should be proud of yourself!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, can't wait to read some more lifestyle posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful - and so was your other post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love lifestyle posts! Look forward to reading more. Started erasing your blog after the lifestyle bloggers chat a couple of weeks ago and am loving it :)

    Daisy x
    www.cupcakesandcherries.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love lifestyle posts! I also love the fact that something like blogging can make that much of an impact on someone xx

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post. Last year I felt like an empty shell too. Now after seven months of blogging, along with other things, I'm beginning to like myself and enjoy life again. We'll get there, slowly but surely. I look forward to reading more lifestyle posts!

    Helen x // Beautiful Curiosities

    ReplyDelete