Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Learning to Love Colour!

Thursday 10 July 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Matte Lipstick Frambourjoise Pale Skin Swatch My Pale Skin Red Lipstick

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Matte Lipstick Frambourjoise Pale Skin Swatch My Pale Skin Red Lipstick

When you have Pale Skin, one thing that can be scary is colour. I admit, I don't often wear the most exciting of make up looks as I generally stick with a nude eye and some form of nude lip on a daily basis. I guess the reason, or excuse on why I usually wear nude make up looks is partly because any type of colour I seem to wear just screams *STATEMENT* against my pale skin and blonde hair. I also get nervous when I can sense someone analyzing my face or studying my make up in general daily life. I've found that a nude look with a simple winged eye is enough to look smart and pulled together, whilst also mainly going unnoticed. 

A few months ago I joined Instagram, and I love looking through at some of the insanely talented make up artists on there, there's so much inspiration just a click and swipe away, and it got me thinking... I'd finished looking at some incredible make up looks and then took a look at my own profile, and noticed that 90% off my looks all fell into the same 'safety zone' look - A simple flick with a nude/pink lip, and you know what? I was bored. I bored myself by looking at the make up I wear and decided to do something about it.

I've recently collected 4 shades of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick* and decided that I wanted to experiment with them. I also managed to pick up the Urban Decay Electric Palette as well as a few new Kiko Eyeshadows and some other goodies, all in bright colours in the hopes of actively trying to introduce a bit of colour into my daily life.

The challenge I find myself facing with colour, is slowly introducing it without it suddenly beckoning second glances, so I don't find myself getting insanely self conscious... whilst also pushing my comfort levels and trying new things! It's a bit of a conundrum, and hopefully one I can try gradually. Although, you never know, in a few months there may be some insane crazy neon eyeshadow looks featured on here as my confidence grows!

I think it's always great to push yourself and challenge your own comfort levels. That's one of my personal targets for this year, and I'm hoping to share some of these looks with you, so starting with the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Frambourjois*, from the comfort and safety of my bedroom, I'm making a start.

I'd love to hear what some of your favourite colours are to wear! Let me know in the comments!

Em xxx


11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful lip colour, and it looks amazing on you - definitely rock it more often x
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this colour!! It looks great on pale skin, I need to try it. How do you get your eyeliner to look so perfect?

    Charley xx
    pixipicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I have pale skin and blonde hair but I got into wearing bright red lipstick when I was about 15!!!!! I've always love the fact that it looks statement on me :) you look stunning in the photo!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful girly! That lipstick looks lovely on you :) xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red lip looks stunning on you! I definitely agree with building your confidence gradually... if I tried to change my look too much all at once I would probably get too freaked out and retreat back to my comfort zone haha :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that colour on you! The red is so gorgeous! I definitely felt the same way at first but once I got hooked on that dash of colour it is hard to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh you look so stunning! I actually think bright colours look gorgeous on pale skin, so striking!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it hard too to incorporate colour, especially on my lips... On my eyes I often put a pop of colour on the lower lashline or incorporate it in a more neutral look, but on my lips I find it so hard!
    You look so amazing with a red lip!

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i absolutely love the bourjois liquid lipsticks, they are amazing!! and you definitely suit the look perfectly, who cares if people notice your bold statement make-up, you deserve to be noticed when you look that good!!
    meghobson.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look lovely. I am also pale and love to wear red on my lips as I get lots of nice comment when I do :)

    Gaby x

    theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete