Slider

HELLO AGAIN

#CosmoCareers - Cosmo Super Blogger Masterclass!

Friday 4 July 2014


#CosmoCareers Cosmopolitan super blogger masterclass review, my pale skin

#CosmoCareers Cosmopolitan super blogger masterclass review, my pale skin

#CosmoCareers Cosmopolitan super blogger masterclass review, my pale skin Fleur De Force

#CosmoCareers Cosmopolitan super blogger masterclass review, my pale skin, Fleur De Force



I love blogging, and I love learning new things, so It made perfect sense for me to attend the Cosmopolitan Super Blogger Masterclass in the hopes of picking up a few handy tips from some of the top bloggers out there.  The event took place at The Millbank Media Centre in London and the panel was made up of industry experts, including Fleuer De Force and Kat from Rock N Roll Bride

As usual, with my lack of 'how to friend' skills, I didn't actually speak to any bloggers at the event... It's not that I didn't want to, it's that I just didn't know where to begin or even how to approach someone I didn't know. That's something i'm working on currently, and I'm hoping at the next event i'll be able to approach someone I don't know and strike up a conversation.

If you watched my 'What's in my bag?!' video then you may have seen a brief glimpse of my notebook which contained all my scribbles from the event. I wanted to share some of the top blogger tips and quotes from the event in the hope that maybe they can help and inspire you too! 
___

"If you're passionate about making great content, your content will change and there will always be someone there to watch"  Fleur De Force
___
"Make mistakes and learn as you go" Kat, Rock N Roll Bride
___
"Just do it! Throw Yourself into it. You never know unless you try" Fleur De Force
___
"If your content is good, breaks will come to you! It will grow naturally" Vicki, Next
___
"Keep Notes on how you are progressin, Achivements help you keep track of ideas and your progress" Ali Ventures
___
"Be consistent and Persistent, be yourself and don't pretend to be someone else" Fleur De Force
___
"Figure out what makes you different and weird and run with it" Kat, Rock N Roll Bride

"Don't be all things to all people... just be you"


I really enjoyed the event, and I felt like it affirmed things I thought I knew and helped me understand how to move forward with my blog. I certainly felt positive coming out of it and had a clear mindset of things I wanted to achieve or change to make my blog the best it can be. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the event if you attended, and what quotes you find inspire you as a blogger! Let me know in the comments xxx

8 comments:

  1. I didn't go to this although I wish I had. I am also shy around new people so you're not alone! I always feel like I am going to say or do something stupid but once I get to know people I never stop talking!!
    You will get there hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Cosmo careers masterclass last year and if this was anything like that was, it must have been amazing - sounds like it was :) Such great quotes as well! Xx

    A Blonde Moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to attend one of these, looks to be a very helpful event!
    Candidly Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your quotes! This is such an interesting post with some great tips :)
    emmasbeginning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a good and useful event, I would have loved to attend it! x
    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, another event I missed out on because I don't live in the UK (I'm telling' ha-we really don't have things like this here in the US!). It looks like a very informative class with some really great advice. I would have loved to attend!

    A good idea is to have blogging business cards so that when you finally do get the courage to go up and talk to these people, you can give them your card! :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    xx

    Shree PorcelainShree | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd personally love to go to something like this and experience this sort of atmosphere, not having very much confidence myself i would have probably kept myself to myself too i seem to have a brain-speaking block when i have to meet new people, hense why i don't do YouTube videos at the moment! :( maybe one day! I'll persevere anyway! great post! some really inspiring quotes there!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why I wished I lived in London! Just approach somebody who looks to be on there own & say hi what do you blog about? I know it's easier said than done and it feels like the most awkward thing in the world, but the likelihood is they are feeling exactly the same way & will be grateful to you for breaking the ice. You have a common interest with the other people at these events so that gives you a starting point. Alternatively arrange to meet up with someone before the event via twitter (again you will usually find other people that are happy to as it feels better turning up to an event with somebody rather than alone). I was housebound due to ill health for about 3 years and lost all my confidence & social skills. It was terrifying for me when I first went to any blogger events - especially as I am older than the average blogger as well, but I forced myself to speak to people. Good luck xxxx

    ReplyDelete