Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet, Frambourjoise Review!

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Bourjois, Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, Frambourjois Review Swatch, Pale Skin, My Pale Skin Blog

Bourjois, Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, Frambourjois Review Swatch, Pale Skin, My Pale Skin Blog

Bourjois, Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, Frambourjois Review Swatch, Pale Skin, My Pale Skin Blog

Bourjois, Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, Frambourjois Review Swatch, Pale Skin, My Pale Skin Blog

Bourjois, Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, Frambourjois Review Swatch, Pale Skin, My Pale Skin Blog

As a massive fan of a matte lip, I was super excited to try out the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in Frambourjoise*! I'd been wanting to introduce some colour into my life and having been lucky enough to receive a few of these in a goody bag at an event, I made sure I got stuck in and gave it a go.

There are eight shades in the Rouge Edition Velvet line, and the lipsticks have a lightweight texture and provide an intense colour pay off. One of the things I really like about the them is that they're a sort of lipstick/gloss hybrid. They apply like a gloss with the wand applicator and dry to a vibrant matte finish like a lipstick.

I find the best way to apply for an even coverage is to apply in two layers. I apply one layer, and run a clean finger over it to make sure it's evenly distributed and then go back in with the wand to seal the deal. Be warned, it is a bit of a stainer on the lips so if you go outside your lip line or smooth it out with your finger, make sure you clean that up sooner rather than later.

In terms of wear-ability, I find the colour works well with my pale skin tone, and i'll even go as far to say that I've found my new red.

It's certainly one i'll be adding to my main collection, and when I build up the courage to wear more bright lipsticks out of the house, this will be one i'll be reaching for.

Have you tried any of the Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

20 comments:

  1. Oo I love the shade! If em ever tried this before but I've used Apocalips and if it's anything like that (sounds like it is) I'll love it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up Ole Flamingo and Peach Club recently from the range and LOVE them. Most Matte products dry my lips out awfully but these really are 'velvety'.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour looks gorgeous, I love these things x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be the perfect red, matte lip! The color suits you so well! Absolutely love it!

    Elina | Miss Blue Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried Pink Pong and love it so much! That color would also suit you really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous! I would definitely try it

    xx, M | Brunette In Black

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have seen this in boots and they have really intrigued me i love a matte lip have to try them out and it looks great on you
    www.fashionandbeautytribes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good on you!i love the pigment of these omg haha

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning colour!!

    Rxx

    www.peppermintdolly.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie, I nominated you for a Liebster Award, you can check it here :3

    xx, M | Brunette In Black

    ReplyDelete
  11. This colour looks absolutely gorgeous on you!
    I'm a sucker for a matte lip too, might give these a try x

    tiahevexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of these, and this colour is beautiful! x
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful colour, it looks stunning on you!

    Great review bub :)


    Ana X

    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love the look of this one, it suits you perfectly!

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous colour on you! I have a couple of these that I absolutely love, so I think I'll have to pick this shade up next.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just bought this shade and absolutely love it. I agree it does need 2 coats and the staying power is amazing xx

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks amazing on you! :)

    www.emgrace.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this looks so good on you! for the winter months when I wear a red lip more often I'm definitely going to make sure that i have one of these in my make up bag!

    hannah @ http://hansaddiction.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This shade looks lovely on you! :) xx

    http://beautyoutlookxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete