Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Bourjois Delice De Poudre Duo Review!

Monday 28 July 2014






When I heard that Bourjois were relasing a Delice De Poudre Duo* I couldn't contain my excitement. I love that contouring is so mainstream now, as there are so many more products available on the high street at affordable prices. I've previosuly used the Delice De Poudre Bronzer, or Chocolate bronzer as I like to call it, for many years both as a contour and as a bronzer. 

On first swatch the bronzer seemed just like I remembered it. On the cusp of being slightly too warm for my skin tone, but light enough to be acceptable. In small doses, and with a light hand, the bronzer works on pale skin, but i'd treat it just as that- a bronzer . The thing about pale skin and contouring is that a lot of high street products don't tailor for are the 'grey tones'. Contouring is more about creating a shadow, rather than warmth, and after trying so many other fantastic products, I wouldn't go back to using this as a contour as it's just too orange for my liking. However, In terms of introducing some warmth, it works well!

If you watched my Dewy Summer Skin Tutorial then you may have seen that I'm currently using the Venus eyeshadow from my Naked Basics palette as a highlighter as it's working really nicely with my skin tone. However, I'm always keen to try new products and going back to one of my old loves was something I was looking forward to... especially with new edition of the highlighter all in one palette. 

However, that excitement seemed to be short lived with this palette. I swatched it on my arm, and nothing. Nada. I could barely see anything... and was like what? Have you ever been so let down that you just didn't know what to do with yourself? The problem with this highlighter, is that it's not very pigmented, and as a pale kid, one thing you need is a highlighter with a good colour payoff so it doesn't look caked on or camouflaged. The problem with this one, is that it's just not working for me. I have to run the brush over the product so many times to just get a natural glow, and that just doesn't cut it for me these days. 

I guess i'd use this Duo palette for the bronzer, or an emergency highlighter - but in terms of every day use... it's not the product for me.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Delice De Poudre Duo Palette and if it's working for you! Let me know in the comments!
Em xxx

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know they released a duo! Will have to make a cheeky purchase ;-)

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo
    Enter my giveaway here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee this bronzer atm, it's so handy!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about buying this as the bourjois chocolate bronzer is so raved and I needed a new highlighter too. I am definitely not going to buy it now though as bourjois never cater for pale skin, for example all of there foundations are dark shades and yellow toned were I m pale and pink toned. Argh - its so annoying!!

    Mollie😚
    Www.thefashionofcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a shame, as the highlighter looks pretty in the box! I agree with the bronzer side, I used to use the normal one in shade 51 to contour and then one day saw myself in daylight mirrors and was like oh my god, get this off me! It was so orange!

    http://thebravestindividual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, what a shame - it does look very orange though... :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand that disappointed feeling, it's awful! I really want a bronzer to contour with that works well with my pale skin so I'll know not to try this one!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you reviewed this as I was quite excited for it as I love the bronzer and I'm nearly finished with it so I thought this was perfect but I need a good colour payoff for a highlighter too so I might just have to repurchase the bronzer and have a look through my eyeshadows to see if there's anything suitable!
    RosalieJayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah such a pity it's such a let down! On a side note, I don't think I could have this stuff in my life anyways... I'd just want to eat it. haha.

    XO, G from grace'd

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that this isn't the greatest for contouring (way too orange) but for warmth it's brilliant. One of my favourites.

    www.sophschoices.co.uk

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was really excited to buy this product when it released, due to hearing such good things about the chocolate bronzer, but I also noticed that it's not very pigmented and needs a good few swatches to show any sort of colour :(

    xhannagrace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete