Slider

HELLO AGAIN

UNDER £5! Collection 2000, Gothic Glam lipstick REVIEW.

Sunday 2 February 2014


em Ford, meddy ford, blogger, model, my pale skin, mypaleskinblog, glamour model, pale skin, my pale skin, youtube, blogger



Today i'm going to be reviewing 2 shades from the Collection 2000 Gothic Glam collection. Now there are actually 3 shades in this line, however my local superdrug only had 2 in stock.



Here are the all important details. 


  • Collection 2000 Gothic Glam Lipstick. Shade #2 Scorned & Shade #3 Revenge
  • Price: £2.99
  • Shop: Superdrug 
  • Website: http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/lips/lipstick/gothic-glam-lipstick.aspx



First things first, let's swatch them.


em Ford, meddy ford, blogger, model, my pale skin, mypaleskinblog, glamour model, pale skin, my pale skin, youtube, blogger



Now my first impressions off the back of the swatch weren't great. I found them quite greasy and difficult to get an even coverage on my hand. The colours slighly differed from the tube, but I almost went into this expecting that due to the mere £2.99 price tag.




Let's take them one at a time. I'll start with #3 Revenge.



em Ford, meddy ford, blogger, model, my pale skin, mypaleskinblog, glamour model, pale skin, my pale skin, youtube, blogger

I first applied this straight out of the tube, without a lipliner... big mistake. The colour seeped past my lip line, creating a vampy free for all past my lips. Even coverage was non existent, even though I'd exfoliated my lips and prepped them with vaseline earlier on.

After a few wipes with some make up remover I started again. Determined to make it work with the pure product and not bringing in a third party lipliner, I applied it using a brush. (pictured) This time, the lipstick held.  With a light hand and some careful brush maneuvers I managed to get an even coverage. 

Considering this is a £2.99 lipstick, I didn't expect the colour to be so deep! I'd be afraid to wear this shade with anything more than a simple black winged eyeliner as I feel it would be too much with my pale skin and blonde hair.
The lipstick itself i'd say is a creamy formula, although I personally found it quite greasy to work with. Lip liner is a must for this, as is reapplication... be prepared to keep this lippy with you as you'll need to reapply throughout the day.


#2 Scorned


em Ford, meddy ford, blogger, model, my pale skin, mypaleskinblog, glamour model, pale skin, my pale skin, youtube, blogger

I did it. I finally caved and bought a Purple Lipstick. I don't know if it was Lorde at the Grammys that caused it, or the massive influx of beautiful ladies I've seen rocking MAC Heroine recently that made me jump on the bandwagon, but I did it. I joined the club, albeit for a fraction of the price.

After previously trying the Revenge lipstick, I knew instantly that this would have to be applied with a brush. I always like to stay true to the product, and this was not paired with a lip liner.

I'm not sure what it is about these lipsticks that I find difficult to work with.  Once again, I found it a little hard to get an even coverage, even with a brush. I found the colour was a tad on the blotchy side, but when I got it to a stage I was happy with, my gosh did I feel like a vamp! I've never worn a purple lipstick before, I wasn't sure I could pull it off and to be honest I'm still a little on the fence about it. I kinda feel that it washes me out a little. The purple brings out the ashy/grey tones in my hair, and to my eyes anyway my skin too! 

After trying this, I don't think i'm going to rush out and buy high end lipsticks in Purple, as I'm not 100% sure it works for me. I think this one, may be best for the brave or brunette pale gals.




1 comment: